Thursday 15 January 2015

Quilting days.........



The past few days I have been busily working on a couple of quilts which I started in 2014. The first is "Rotherfield Greys" and I am pleased with the progress I have made on this the last week or two. The borders require many hours of cutting and then piecing together. I am currently up to Border 7 with only two borders remaining. I am loving reproduction medallion quilts at the moment. I can easily lose several hours of the day simply playing with fabric. It is very therapeutic!

WIP - Rotherfield Greys

The other quilt is called Route 66 also designed by Di Ford Hall. It is made using hexagons.
Medallions in progress.



I love the portability of this project as every Thursday I visit a friend who also loves quilting and we spend the day sewing, talking and of course eating. We have been meeting every Thursday for about 18 years. It is my only regular day I spend off farm each week and love the opportunity to chat about things happening in our lives.
Yesterday I managed to make the tomato relish I talked about in the last post as well as stewing some more of our peaches. The recipe I use for the tomato relish is from "The Common Sense Cookery Book 1" which I have owned since my high school days. It is great to replenish the pantry with preserves and I also have on hand a home made gift if I ever need one.

Tomato Relish ready for the pantry.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to having my 3 year old grand daughter for the day. Housework and sewing will be put on the back burner. Perhaps we will do some baking as she loves making cakes and biscuits with me or take a trip into town to visit our local library to borrow some new books to read.
Until next time.....
Carol









No comments:

Post a Comment