Tuesday 12 January 2016

The sewing and craft room....what's been happening.

The last few months have been a blur what with the wedding, Christmas and New Year celebrations but I do know I have completed a few projects during 2015 and even at the start of 2016.
Most of these projects were gifts and so I had a deadline to work to which I find is the best way to finish what I begin.
During winter last year I posted that I had purchased wool to make DH Farmer a new work jumper. It is completed (minus the buttons) ready for the 2016 winter. It is a Bendigo Woollen Mills pattern and knitted with their 8 ply classic wool. The photo does not do it justice as far as the colour goes. It is a lovely brown colour great for a work jumper. It is quite thick and long so will be ideal for those frosty mornings whilst milking the cows.


Last May I attended a 60 degree triangle quilting workshop with Lessa Siegele. This quilt was always going to be a Christmas gift for my DIL and son and it  was fully completed by the end of July last year. I even managed the quilting on my Bernina B710 machine and was very pleased with the finished result. Below is a photo of the quilt on the bed and I made the doxie stuffed toy as well for my dachshund loving DIL just for a bit of fun!



Other gifts completed were a Santa Sack for Wyatt ( no photo sorry to say), rope market bags ( which I seem to be addicted to making at the moment) for each daughter, a Star Wars Quillow for the new SIL (a Star Wars tragic) and a few smaller gifts for Christmas. Since Christmas, Wyatt's eye spy quilt for daycare has also been completed - a gift for his first birthday which is only a little over two weeks away. 


The aim for this year is to complete my "Rotherfields Greys" quilt which has been on the go now for well over 2 years. Sometimes you cannot rush these things but there is a deadline to finish this quilt as well. Maitland Patchwork Quilters are celebrating their 30th exhibition in September this year and this is the quilt I would love to display in the group's exhibition. 
Today is going to be a hot one here at home with the temperature meant to reach 38 Celsius so I hope all of you can stay out of the heat. DH Farmer is repairing the cattle yards with our eldest son , Matt , but will be back in for lunch and a rest by the time the real heat of the day hits.

So until next time.....

Carol

3 comments:

  1. Great blog and impressive hand made gifts. I love my birds too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck. 2 posts in 2 days......great to see your stars done. It looks great on the bed. Also I think that jumper is for "going to town" not milking. Surely there's another that can do. It's too nice.

    ReplyDelete