Sunday 18 January 2015

A day off farm......

Today was one of those special summer Sundays you will always remember. With beautiful summer weather we spent a day off farm at the beach with our two daughters and DH Farmer's sister, husband and daughter. A day off on a dairy still means you milk in the morning and you start the afternoon milking a little later BUT it is still time away from the farm doing something relaxing and enjoyable! As a a born and bred Newcastle girl I grew up with the beaches to the east and beautiful Lake Macquarie to the west. Summers were always about swimming - pools, beaches and water skiing on the lake. Once I married a farmer and moved to the country water was something I learnt to conserve and value in a different way. But I must say a visit to the beach brings back wonderful childhood memories and memories of the occasional beach side holidays  with our children. The smell of  sea air clears my  head! Of course a day at the beach isn't complete without a lunch of fish and chips (and in paper too!).  


Hawks Nest Beach

I think this rest day is going to be needed in readiness for the next couple of weeks.We are eagerly waiting for the arrival of a new grand child! Oh that makes me smile!!! We will have to travel over four hours to visit this new family member when it does arrive. But I am getting ahead of myself. This will have to wait for another time.
Until then take care....
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment