Thursday 8 January 2015

Welcome to my blog!

Life on the land can be one of the most rewarding, frustrating, amazing,devastating, interesting but never boring ways to live. It offers challenges which you think will be impossible to survive let alone at times thrive on. Living and working on a commercial beef and dairy farm for more than 30 years has been all of this plus more. As a city raised girl I have learnt, often the hard way, what it is to live a rural life.  Hopefully you can experience this life with me and the ways I fill my days on the farm.
Growing, eating and cooking as much of our own food as possible is extremely important to our way of life. I also love to quilt, sew and knit. It goes without saying that central to all of this is family and the animals, which are after all, what living a rural life is all about. Welcome to Living a Rural Life!




2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogland, looking forward to reading more about your farming and quilting activities!

    ReplyDelete