Monday 2 March 2015

Autumn is here and it's time to start knitting...

The past couple of weeks I have started to think it is time to start knitting again. And before you say it - yes, I do know we had a 37 degree day yesterday. For some reason I always get itchy fingers to pick up the knitting needles and wool again when autumn arrives.
I am not a prolific knitter but do enjoy making a few items for some of my family members each year.
I now have two grand children to knit for and both their mums like handmade garments for their children to wear. This year 3 1/2 year old granddaughter is going to receive a 5 ply navy, white and fuschia raglan sleeve cardy. DH Farmer needs a new work jumper and this will be made from a serviceable brown 8 ply. Of course new grandson will not miss out either.
I purchase my wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills and have done so for as long as I can remember. I find they have a great range of colours, plys and is lovely to knit up. It is also Australian owned and the wool is made from wool grown in the southern highlands of NSW. You know my passion to support all things Australian - especially agricultural related. I would also like to add that I can knit a beautiful pure wool adult jumper for approximately $50. Not bad in my opinion. After either phoning in my order or ordering online a package arrives within 5 working days in my mailbox ready for my itchy fingers to start knitting.
 I would like to add that this is my own opinion of Bendigo Woollen Mills products and I have in no way received anything from Bendigo Woollen Mills.

A sample of the colours available at Bendigo Woollen Mills.

I hope I can show you the finished garments as the autumn and winter progresses. Needless to say I will still also be quilting. That is always a given!!

Until next time....
Carol




No comments:

Post a Comment