Wednesday 25 February 2015

Time to do the small things at home....

The past few weeks have been hectic. A lot of time has been spent with family ( which is always good) and seasonal farm work. Yesterday and today have been the first full days I have had at home with time to myself for over two weeks. DH Farmer has been out on the farm during the day working, giving me some quiet time . I am not complaining but I am really loving the chance to catch up at home and to be able to spend time on a few things I love to do - sewing, baking and gardening. I have even managed to start baking our own bread everyday again. There is also the usual housework and farm chores to do.
Baking homemade bread every day.

Route 66 Quilt progress.

The book club I belong to is reading  Harper Lee's classic "To Kill a Mockingbird". I borrowed an unabridged audio version from our local library and have been listening to it whilst I quilt. I remember reading this book in high school and loved it all those years ago as I do now. I will have to borrow a DVD and catch up with the movie. I recently discovered that audio books and quilting go well together, as do music and quilting.
Until next time.....
Carol



No comments:

Post a Comment